The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (Estuario) is seeking a qualified applicant for a Social Media and Educational Campaigns Coordinator.
The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (Estuario) is a private non-profit organization that designs, implements, and provides restorative maintenance in order to improve the water quality and ecosystems within its eight municipalities. Estuario’s mission is to restore and conserve the water quality in the Estuario de la Bahía de San Juan ecosystem as a sustainable hub of social and economic development.
Estuario is the only tropical estuary in the National Estuary Program, providing not only environmental and resiliency programs, but also educational and recreational activities that support thriving communities.
The Estuario’s work is guided by the development and implementation of the Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP). In collaboration with local, state, and federal agencies, NGOs, academic, and business leaders, the Estuario works to restore and conserve water quality in the San Juan Bay Estuary ecosystem. The Estuario works to build partnerships and leverage federal funding for regional-scale restoration, water quality improvement, and resilience-building projects.
The Estuario uses its Communications Platform to inform and involve stakeholders to ensure sustained commitment, and to conduct significant outreach and communication efforts to increase brand awareness and engagement, particularly in local communities as they continue to recover from hurricanes, the pandemic, and other events. Using communication tools such as print materials, signs, press releases, media relations, editorials, photography and videography, and digital media tools such as social media, podcasts, the website, www.estuario.org, the Estuario produces informative pieces, highlights, and press releases about all its projects, activities, and initiatives, as well as educational materials, technical data, and scientific content that facilitate CCMP implementation.
The Social Media and Educational Campaigns Coordinator will execute the Estuario’s social media strategy, publishes all media content, develops content for outreach and educational activities and events, and provides support in website content/design.
- Create new social media content, including educational information about the SJBE ecosystem and promotion of activities and events of the organization and other related information as needed
- Generate new educational videos to inform the public about the initiatives of the SJBEP and coverage of the activities;
- Organize the visual archive of the Estuario
- Maintain the website estuario.org working effectively and continuously improve the website and its contents in coordination with the website contractor and Communications Consultant
- Develop new content and publish announcements of the entity
- Maintain the Estuario newsletter publishing on a regular basis and continuously improving its content
- Graphic design for publications as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferable in digital journalism or related area, and general knowledge of natural, environmental science
- Experience producing multimedia and social media content in English and Spanish, editing videos,
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the Estuario and its mission
- Strong written skills both in Spanish and English
- Strong skills in digital photography and videography,
- Strong skills in managing website platforms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Outlook (managing a contact database), Word, and Excel (creating charts and graphics).
- Ability to work independently
- Provide their own personal computer and transportation.
Commensurate with experience.
Fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume/CV by email no later than September 30, 2022: [email protected]. The email and cover letter must be directed to Brenda Torres, Executive Director, and must specify in the subject the title of the position, «Social Media and Educational Campaigns Assistant».
Source of funding: EPA 320 Grant CE99206928, State Revolving Funds, Fondo Especial
The Corporation for the Conservation of the SJBE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. MBE/WBE and other certified minorities and small businesses are encouraged to apply.