Estuario Resident Artist
Join Resident Artist Armando Román to the opening of the installation: The sounds of the estuary; Saturday, August 26, 2023, from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Taller Comunidad La Goyco. This immersive experience will incorporate sounds from various spaces within the estuary, recorded during field trips with collaborators like you.
Certification for citizen scientists
- August 22 – Field trip: water quality monitoring in San Juan Bay – 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- August 23 – Field trip: water quality monitoring at Laguna San José – from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- August 24 – Field trip: bacteriological monitoring in Laguna del Condado and coastline – from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- August 25 – Field trip: water quality monitoring in Las Curías and Río Piedras – from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Coastal reslilience module:
- August 19 – Field Trip: Monitoring Seagrass Communities – 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at Laguna del Condado
- August 26 – Field trip: planting of coastal vegetation – from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in Manglar de Jobos, Isabela
- August 30 – Introductory Workshop: Coastal Resilience – 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. via Zoom
- September 2 – Field trip: planting of coastal vegetation – from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in the mangrove forest near Club Náutico de Arecibo
- August 23 – From Plastics to Microplastics—Public Policy and Its Impacts – Elective Workshop; 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. via Zoom
- August 19 – Field trip: monitoring seagrass communities [for high school students]; 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- August 26 – Field trip: monitoring seagrass communities [for high school students]; 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Message from your Virtual Community Hub
Take advantage of our information platform, the Estuario Virtual Community Hub, where you will find vital information to prepare with your family and community.
To learn about risk mitigation strategies at Estuario and identify the risks, conditions and assets in your community, go to: https://estuario.org/mitigacion/
Weekly water quality monitoring
Evaluation conducted on Thursday, August 17, 2023. We have a GREEN flag for the Condado Lagoon Natural Estuarine Reserve. We have a station on the coast that exceeded the water quality standard for enterococci (70 CFU/100 mL). We recommend avoiding the area. Remember to avoid the water during rain events. Have a nice weekend!