Cleaning service sought for new location—located on Avenida Ponce de León, #1315, third floor. The facility measures approximately 2,800 square feet and consists of five offices, a kitchen, common area, conference room and two bathrooms. Send your resume or estimate to [email protected] with the subject: “Housekeeping,” by Monday, August 14, 2022.
Certification for citizen scientists
- August 12 – Field trip: coral reef ecological assessment; 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at Laguna del Condado
- August 15 – Ecological Assessment of Seagrasses – elective workshop; 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. via Zoom
- August 19 – Field Trip: Monitoring Seagrass Communities – 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at Laguna del Condado
- August 26 – Field trip: planting of coastal vegetation – from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in Manglar de Jobos, Isabela
- August 30 – Introductory Workshop: Coastal Resilience – 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. via Zoom
- August 16 – Water Quality: Monitoring and Relevance – Elective Workshop; 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. by Zoom
- August 23 – From Plastics to Microplastics—Public Policy and Its Impacts – Elective Workshop; 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. via Zoom
- August 12 – Field trip: Ecological assessment of fish and aquatic communities [for high school students]; 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- August 19 – Field trip: monitoring seagrass communities [for high school students]; 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- August 26 – Field trip: Seagrass monitoring [for high school students]; 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
The Family Day in Laguna del Condado was a success!
We thank all the participants who accompanied us, as well as our collaborators: Our coastal resilience team, Eagle Scout Joaquín Pérez, his family and members of the XXV troop of Bayamón, the Olympic wrestling team Huracanes from Tras Talleres, with his coach Mabel Fonceca, José Ramos, administrator of the Jaime Benítez Park, Lara Medina, coordinator of the resident artist program, Angelica Rivera, our resident artist and Gostosos products, for being present and delighting us with their delicious meals.
See the photos of the event, here.
Message from your Virtual Community Hub
Take advantage of our information platform, the Estuario Virtual Community Hub, where you will find vital information to prepare with your family and community.
To learn about risk mitigation strategies at Estuario and identify the risks, conditions and assets in your community, go to: https://estuario.org/mitigacion/
Weekly water quality monitoring
Evaluation conducted on Thursday, August 10, 2023. We have a GREEN flag for the Condado Lagoon Natural Estuarine Reserve. Some stations exceeded the water quality parameter for enterococci (70 CFU/100mL)—we recommend avoiding direct contact with these spaces. Remember to avoid the water during rain events.