Brief description: The Corporation for The Conservation of The San Juan Bay Estuary through its San Juan Estuary Bay Program has expanded its communication efforts to better embrace scientific based communications that help citizens understand its conservation and restoration activities. These initiatives are not only important to keep the community informed. Website entries, mailing campaigns, social media posts, scientific contents and press releases systematically become news in the newspapers, radio and TV stations, helping the SJBEP achieve higher levels of leverage.
It’s imperative to keep up with the momentum while producing contents about the main areas of action of the SJBEP in the fiscal year 2019: Water Quality Monitoring Day, ecosystem restoration and public participation. These contents will be published trough the organization’s communication tools and will be used to maximize opportunities for coverage in the local and regional media. To support this effort, the Corporation, host entity of the San Juan Bay Estuary Program, has a contract opening for a Website Programmer, Social Media, and Visual Content Coordinator.
Duties: According to the communication plan and in coordination with the communication manager, the website programmer, social media and visual content coordinator will:
- create new social media contents, including educational information about the SJBE species, activities of the organization and other information;
- generate new educational videos to inform the public about the initiatives of the SJBEP and coverage of the activities;
- organize the visual archive of the SJBEP;
- serve as the official photo-videographer of the entity in its activities during the year;
- maintain the website estuario.org working effectively, add new content as well as the announcements of the entity, and keep improving it to serve as the recipient of all the electronic publications of the SJBEP.
- maintain the newsletter Boletín Estuarino publishing on a regular basis and keep improving it content;
- graphic design for publications
Deadline and email: Persons interested in this contract must submit their resume by
July 1, 2019. WITH THE CONTRACT NAME ON THE SUBJECT to the following email: [email protected]
Education and experience: Preferable Bachelor degree with digital journalism minor, and general knowledge of natural, environmental science; strong skills writing and producing multimedia and social contents, both in Spanish and English; strong skills on digital photography and videography, editing videos; strong skills managing website platforms.
The Corporation for the Conservation of the SJBE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics