The Corporation for the Conservation of the San Juan Bay Estuary needs to continue the long-term process of increasing the public and social knowledge of the San Juan Bay Estuary system. Knowledge of the ecosystem is the first step towards its restoration and conservation. Our communications program includes a wide arrange of tools and activities to promote the understanding of the complex aquatic ecosystem in which most of the Puerto Rico Metro Area population lives, including a high number of underserved communities. For this reason, the Corporation has a contract opening for a highly experienced, seasoned Communications Contractor.
- Lead the Communications team in implementing strategies that will increase knowledge among the general population of what is an Estuary, and the implementation of community resilience strategies produced by Estuario and to raise awareness of the bodies of water surrounding communities, and their influence in the population’s overall health.
- Write communications pieces and develop social media content related to Estuario events, recruitment of volunteers, educational campaigns, initiatives, and other related topics
- Work with website contractor to develop new content and graphic design
- Strengthen public recognition of the Estuario and its refforts
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or a related field AND several credit hours in community development from an accredited university; at least ten to fifteen years’ experience working with the media in Puerto Rico, and a strong local media network
- At least two years working with social media, including mailing list marketing.
- Strong writing skills in English required.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with teams, and community members; experience in working collaboratively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including speaking in public to diverse audiences and one-on-one conversations with various level of leaders and/or individuals
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/CV by email no later than August 20, 2021 to: [email protected]. The email must be directed to [email protected], and must specify in the subject the title of the position, «Communications Consultant”
THE SAN JUAN BAY ESTUARY PROGRAM
The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (SJBEP) is part of the National Estuary Program (NEP), created under Section 320 of the Clean Water Act (CWA), and managed nationally by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). Its mission is to improve the water quality of the San Juan Bay Estuary. Per Section 320 of the CWA, each of the 28 entities affiliated to the NEP must submit to EPA Administrator a Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP) to guide the restoration efforts of the most important coastal ecosystems for the economy of the Nation. The main responsibility of each organization under the NEP is to coordinate and measure the implementation of the plan in partnership with the community, state, local, and federal governments and the Academia.
The Corporation for the Conservation of the SJBE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.