The Corporation for the Conservation of the San Juan Bay Estuary is seeking interested candidates for the Urban Waters Ambassador position. The Urban Waters Ambassador will be experienced person that will support, establish, and follow up on existing key alliances to further the restoration of the Channel and build a strong platform to help further the public works and infrastructure needed in the Martín Peña Channel Special Planning District located in San Juan.
Specifically, the Ambassador will follow up on key actions and potential funding sources to enact interventions within the Caño Martín Peña Comprehensive Development Plan and ultimately leading to the Channel’s dredging and ecosystem restoration.
- Formulate and implement strategies to further federal government involvement
- Connect federal tools and resources with the needs of the Martín Peña Channel Special Planning District
- Build relationships and capacity to lay a foundation of continued successs
- Assist in establishing strategic partnerships and following up on responsibilities and commitments with federal agencies, as well as local agencies
- Communication with other Ambasssadors to share common experiences and identify alternative action paths that may help further the Channel’s Ecosystem Restoration
- Identify funds to further the restoration on the Martín Peña Channel, the relocations of families, and infrastructure improvements.
- Identify new sources to support the resotration of the Channel, such as the alternative of working with private funds, and US Congressional appropriations
- Work wtih multi-agency team to collaboratively set in motion the actions described above.
- Proven record of building multi-sectorial partnerships through strong networks with local and federal agencies. Some key stakeholders include: USACE, USEPA, HUD, FEMA, and US Health and Human Services
- Experience in creating strong financial platforms to implement multi-million-dollar projects, including proven experience in congressional and federal appropriation processes
- An advanced university degree is expected but not a requirement for the contract
- Basic knowledge of the mission and objectives of the SJBEP and the Proyecto Enlace is desired but not required
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/CV by email no later than August 20, 2021 to: [email protected]. The email must be directed to [email protected], and must specify in the subject the title of the position, «Urban Waters Ambassador”
Source of Funding: EPA Grant (Urban Waters Ambassador-CMP)
THE SAN JUAN BAY ESTUARY PROGRAM
The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (SJBEP) is part of the National Estuary Program (NEP), created under Section 320 of the Clean Water Act (CWA), and managed nationally by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). Its mission is to improve the water quality of the San Juan Bay Estuary. Per Section 320 of the CWA, each of the 28 entities affiliated to the NEP must submit to EPA Administrator a Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP) to guide the restoration efforts of the most important coastal ecosystems for the economy of the Nation. The main responsibility of each organization under the NEP is to coordinate and measure the implementation of the plan in partnership with the community, state, local, and federal governments and the Academia.
The Corporation for the Conservation of the SJBE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.