The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (Estuario) is seeking a Community Garden Coordinator to join our highly skilled team.
Estuario requests services from a professional interested in being part of our green infrastructure and community-based ecosystem restoration efforts. The Community Garden Coordinator will implement green infrastructure initiatives in collaboration with community leaders collaborating through Estuario’s Resilient Community Hubs, the Urban Forest Network and community gardens.
The candidate will be working directly with the Estuario’s multidisciplinary team, conducting workshops, promoting community participation and implementing actions related to community gardens.
- Establish a collaboration and support with a community garden.
- Prepare workshops or webinars on topics regarding community gardens and green infrastructure.
- Engage with community leaders and promote community participation.
- Implement community garden activities developed by the Estuario’s Citizen Science program.
- Experience working with community gardens.
- Knowable in skills regarding gardening, horticulture and green infrastructure.
- Experience coordinating, developing and providing workshops, with special focus in virtual environments.
- Experience in projects aimed at communities.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated proficiency in the communication of technical information to the general public, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Availability to work remotely and 7 days a week, depending on the Estuary and community’s calendar.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a team, and for long hours if required.
Contract (Corporation for the Conservation of the San Juan Bay Estuary)
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume by email no later than July 1, 2021 to: [email protected]. The email must be directed to Brenda Torres, Executive Director, and must specify in the subject the title of the position, «Community Garden Coordinator».
THE SAN JUAN BAY ESTUARY PROGRAM
The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (SJBEP) is part of the National Estuary Program (NEP), created under Section 320 of the Clean Water Act (CWA), and managed nationally by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). Its mission is to improve the water quality of the San Juan Bay Estuary. Per Section 320 of the CWA, each of the 28 entities affiliated to the NEP must submit to EPA Administrator a Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP) to guide the restoration efforts of the most important coastal ecosystems for the economy of the Nation. The main responsibility of each organization under the NEP is to coordinate and measure the implementation of the plan in partnership with the community, state, local, and federal governments and the Academia. The Corporation for the Conservation of the SJBE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.