Led by the San Juan Bay Estuary Program, the Water Quality Monitoring Day (DMCA) is the largest citizen scientist event in Puerto Rico, as well as the only water quality monitoring event held at the island level. Over 10,000 citizen scientists have participated since 2009.
We are looking for a Coordinator to organize this event. The coordinator should integrate all sectors into the DMCA with enthusiasm and increase their participation, considering data from previous years. The primary goal should be access to clean and safe water for all in Puerto Rico.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Promote collaboration between organizations, academia, government agencies and private corporations to participate.
- Offer workshops on the methodology for the collection of water samples at the island level.
- Distribute monitoring and information materials to monitoring stations.
- Provide support to groups and individuals who are participating before, during, and after the event.
- Recruit volunteers throughout the Island.
- Establish communications with organizations, private entities, community groups and schools.
- Responsible for the maintenance and inventory of monitoring materials.
- Collect and digitize all the data of the results.
- Generate final report of the event.
- Experience coordinating events (preferable).
- Possess skills in coordination of workshops and training groups.
- Preferably have participated in the Puerto Rico Water Quality Monitoring Day.
- Effective communication skills.
- Organizational skills, time management and meetings with the public.
- Have a personal computer, own car and availability to travel through the Island.
The duration of employment is from November 2022 to April 2023. Please direct your summary to Brenda Torres, Executive Director of the SJBEP to [email protected], with the topic Estuario Coordinator for Water Quality Monitoring Day.
The San Juan Bay Estuary Conservation Corporation does not discriminate based on race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Our policy is to provide equal opportunities for all.