The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (Estuario) is a private non-profit organization in charge of restoring the quality of the waters in the San Juan Metropolitan Region. The Estuario is seeking a Human Resources Specialist to support the development of human resources tools and processes for the Estuario. This includes but not limited to recruitment, performance management, employee retention, internal policies and procedures, and new hire orientation. The Human Resources Specialist will develop these tools and processes such that the Estuario can implement them independently and be available for monthly check-ins to evaluate the implementation and provide support as needed for the 2021-2022 fiscal year.
- Work with the Estuario administrative team to understand and evaluate the Estuario’s current tools and processes related to human resources and internal policies and procedures.
- Develop recruitment processes and tools that will allow the Estuario to effectively recruit, evaluate, and select candidates for contract and staff positions as as develop job descriptions, and posting announcements.
- Develop performance evaluation templates for contractor and staff positions and a process to streamline performance evaluations.
- Develop necessary internal policies and procedure to ensure compliance with grant requirements and exisiting internal policies.
- Streamline the process of new hire orientation and develop materials for new hire onboarding.
- Conduct monthly check-ins with the Estuario to evaluate implementation of the new tools and resources and provide support as needed to the administrative and compliance team of the Estuario.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, psychology, business, or a related major
- Available to begin work December 1, 2021.
- Available for monthly check-ins to evaluate and support the implementation of the new tools and processes after initial development.
- Previous experience working in human resources or related field preferably at a non-profit with demonstrated success in developing HR tools and processes.
- Preferably SHRM or HRCI certified.
- Strong writing skills in English and Spanish required.
- Excellent attention to detail while multitasking.
- Ability to execute daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including speaking to diverse audiences and in one-on-one conversations with various level of leaders and/or individuals.
- Proactive and independent
- Certified MBE/WBE (minority and women-owned business enterprise) and other certified minorities and small businesses are encouraged to apply
- Provide their own personal computer and transportation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume/CV by email no later than November 30, 2021 to: [email protected]. The email must be directed to [email protected], and must specify in the subject the title of the position, “Human Resources Specialist”
Source of funding: EPA GRANT CE99206927
THE SAN JUAN BAY ESTUARY PROGRAM
The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (SJBEP) is part of the National Estuary Program (NEP), created under Section 320 of the Clean Water Act (CWA), and managed nationally by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). Its mission is to improve the water quality of the San Juan Bay Estuary. Per Section 320 of the CWA, each of the 28 entities affiliated to the NEP must submit to EPA Administrator a Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP) to guide the restoration efforts of the most important coastal ecosystems for the economy of the Nation. The main responsibility of each organization under the NEP is to coordinate and measure the implementation of the plan in partnership with the community, state, local, and federal governments and the Academia.
The Corporation for the Conservation of the SJBE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.