The San Juan Bay Estuary Partnership, also known as the Estuario, is seeking qualified applications for an Accountant to join our highly skilled team for projects receiving funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. The ideal candidate performs a variety of tasks related to budget preparation and maintenance of grant budgets. In order to succeed in this position, the candidate must be organized and have excellent time management skills.
The Estuario is a non-profit organization whose mission is to restore and conserve the water quality in the Estuario de la Bahía de San Juan ecosystem as a sustainable hub of social and economic development. The Estuario operates as a partnership of public and private entities committed to their collective responsibility to restore and conserve the waters and associated ecosystems of the San Juan Bay Estuary and its watershed as a sustainable axis of social and economic development. As an EPA National Estuary Program, Estuario’s focuses on implementing the Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP) for the San Juan Bay Estuary.
The BIL funding will be used to restore the Juan Méndez Creek located in the municipality of San Juan through high-impact blue/green infrastructure interventions, achieving medium-term restoration of waters communities affected by this body of water, many of which are environmental justice communities. The Accountant will carry out tasks related to this project.
- Follows and implements all administrative regulations established by the Terms and Conditions of the federal grants.
- Carefully follows all regulations established by the U.S Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- Prepares all financial and administrative documents ready for single audits as well as state or federal audits. Keeps all records ready and updated for periodic audits.
- Maintains financial records updated using programs such as QuickBooks and Excel.
- Manages and analyzes the budget and advise and meet with the Executive Director regularly to discuss budgetary issues.
- Effectively communicates with non-fiscal team members and grants coordinators.
- Advises the Executive Director and other administrative staff on new methods and procedures to improve financial management.
- Drafts EPA reports in coordination with the Executive Director, such as Financial Status Reports and Minority and Women in Business Reports and reports required to close the grant
- Assists on the process of submitting annual Grant Application.
- Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with EPA grant and/or state requirements.
- Other responsibilities as deem necessary by Executive Director.
- Preparation of reports as per grant requirements
- Balance budget for the preparation of 480 SP form
- Submit and request information in ASAP system
- Maintain the balances of the contracts under BIL funding and overall budget
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field or equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum experience in handling funds
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the Estuario and its mission
- Strong experience with fund-based accounting and GAAP rules and regulations surrounding public accounting
- High degree of adaptability
- Provide their own personal computer and transportation.
- Familiarity with ASAP system
Commensurate with experience.
Fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume/CV by email no later than June 5, 2023: [email protected]. The email and cover letter must be directed to Brenda Torres, Executive Director, and must specify in the subject the title of the position, «Accountant».
Source of funding: BIL
The Corporation for the Conservation of the SJBE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. MBE/WBE and other certified minorities and small businesses are encouraged to apply.