The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (SJBEP) is seeking a Budget and Planning Analyst to prepare quarterly financial reports, annual reports, analyze data to determine spending recommendations, and review budgets to ensure accuracy and compliance with appropriate laws.
The San Juan Bay Estuary Program is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation that designs, implements and tracks restoration actions to improve water quality and associated ecosystems within the San Juan Bay Estuary system and its basin.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements, variance reports and forecasting processes to demonstrate status of financial health of the organization
- Analyze quarterly financial statements of multiple programs and variance reports (i.e. budget vs. actual report) to advise Executive Director the best course of action
- Develop quarterly financial reports to the Executive
- Conduct budget analysis and develop budget reports to support the Executive Director in communications with the Board of Directors and stakeholders on a quarterly basis, or as needed
- Support the Executive Director in communications with Puerto Rico Fiscal Agency and Financial Advisory Authority (AAFAF), or Puerto Rico Department of Natural and Environmental Resources (DNER)
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for budget analysis
- Financial support to Executive Director, as needed
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related fields,
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Proactive and independent worker with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively and comply with deadlines
- Provide their own personal computer and transportation.
- Certified MBE/WBE (minority and women-owned business enterprise) and other certified minorities and small businesses are encouraged to apply.
Grants: Fondo Especial/C-72-250-03/ C-72-250-04/C-72-250-05
Hourly Rate: $35
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume/CV by email no later than February 3, 2022 at 5pm AST to: [email protected]. The email must be directed to Brenda Torres, and must specify in the subject «Budget and Planning Analyst”.
THE SAN JUAN BAY ESTUARY PROGRAM
The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (SJBEP) is part of the National Estuary Program (NEP), created under Section 320 of the Clean Water Act (CWA), and managed nationally by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). Its mission is to improve the water quality of the San Juan Bay Estuary. Per Section 320 of the CWA, each of the 28 entities affiliated to the NEP must submit to EPA Administrator a Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP) to guide the restoration efforts of the most important coastal ecosystems for the economy of the Nation. The main responsibility of each organization under the NEP is to coordinate and measure the implementation of the plan in partnership with the community, state, local, and federal governments and the Academia.
The Corporation for the Conservation of the SJBE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.