GRANT WRITER & COMPLIANCE MANAGER
SAN JUAN BAY ESTUARY PROGRAM
The Corporation for the Conservation of the San Juan Bay Estuary is currently in the process of contracting the services a Grant Writer & Compliance Manager to contract for the federal fiscal year that started October 1, 2019 and ending September 30, 2020. Professional services to be rendered from June 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020
This contract could be extended to another year, subject to performance.
The San Juan Bay Estuary Program (Estuario) is currently seeking an individual to help expand its financial resources, develop tracking methodologies and guarantee compliance with EPA and applicable funding guidelines. The core of the SJBEP are: wildlife and habitat, science, community involvement, water quality and education. The services to be provided by the Grant Writer will be coordinated with the San Juan Bay Estuary Program.
Founded in 1993, the San Juan Bay Estuary Program is an environmental conservation organization. Their mission is to protect the San Juan Bay Estuary, the meeting point of the water from rivers with the ocean in eight municipalities. These are:
The person contracted must have the following skills and will have the following responsibilities, which will be performed in close coordination with the San Juan Bay Estuary Program
- Manage federal resources web portals, tools, and systems, including Grants.gov, ASAP.gov, eGrants, DUNs, and sam.gov.
- Identify possible funding sources for the implementation of the actions included in the San Juan Bay Estuary Comprehensive Management and Conservation Plan.
- Evaluate funding sources according to Estuario’s needs and make recommendations on which could help move forward the objectives of the above-mentioned plans, and on the best approach.
- As requested, prepare a work plan and timeline for each funding opportunity that is granted.
- Write proposals and grant applications on behalf of the Estuario following the guidelines established by the funder, collaborate in the design of metrics, performance measures, budget, among others, and submit the required documents on time.
- Collaborate with the funds recipient in those activities that will allow them to meet the compliance and reporting requirements of approved grants.
- Collaborate with other people within the organization’s network.
- Ability to work with diverse subjects related to the San Juan Bay Estuary Program, and its projects and programs.
- Establish effective communication with funders and the San Juan Bay Estuary Program. Participate in meetings.
- Submit progress reports to the Executive Director of the SJBE Program as requested.
- Analyze and propose alternatives for best funding and reporting integration with multiple sources of funding.
- Other related services.
Basic credentials and skills needed to apply include:
- Bachelor’s Degree, and preferably Master’s degree, from an accredited university in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Communications, Planning or related fields.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish. Clear and concise writing skills, drafting documents that comply with specific requirements.
- Proven experience in proposal writing, including complex federal grants and varied topics. If selected for interview, the person must present a list of grant applications submitted and approved.
- Must own a computer.
- Knowledge of the federal Office of Management and Budget circulars A-122, and A-133.
- Ideally, experience requesting funds from federal agencies and local as well as international non-governmental organizations.
- Flexibility and adapatibility to varied scales of funding availability per fiscal year.
- Experience managing multiple sources of funding.
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline: May 15, 2020
Applicants must send their résumé with a cover letter highlighting previous grant writing experience and results, as well as one-page sample of technical writing in English and one in Spanish, to the following e-mail: [email protected] and copy [email protected]
Corporation for the Conservation of the San Juan Bay Estuary is an equal opportunity employer that supports Affirmative Action and Equality Opportunities.