Contract Announcement: Urban Waters Martín Peña Ambassador
EPA Grant CE 99206920-Corporation for the Conservation of the San Juan Bay Estuary-PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA
Description: We envision the Ambassador for the Martín Peña Channel Urban Waters Federal Partnership (the Partnership) of the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA as an experienced person that will support, establish and follow up on existing key alliances to further the restoration of the Channel and build a strong platform to help further the public works and infrastructure needed in the Martín Peña Channel Special Planning District located in San Juan, Puerto Rico and following the direction of the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA.
Specifically, the Ambassador will follow up on key actions and potential funding sources to enact interventions within the Caño Martín Peña Comprehensive Development Plan and ultimately leading to the Channel’s dredging and ecosystem restoration, as recommended by the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA.
This is a collaborative initiative where the state government agency PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA will be the main point of contact for the coordination of the Partnership, and the San Juan Bay Estuary Program will be the fiscal agent and an integral part of the Partnership.
1. Formulate and implement strategies to further federal government involvement with the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA.
2. Connect federal tools and resources with the needs of the Martín Peña Channel Special Planning District according to the needs of the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA.
3. Build relationships and capacity to lay a foundation of continued success of the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA.
4. Assist in establishing strategic partnerships and following up on responsibilities and commitments with federal agencies, as well as local agencies to further the mission of the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA.
5. Communicate with other Ambassadors to share common experiences and identify alternative action paths that may help further the Channel’s Ecosystem Restoration according to the designs and recommended actions of the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA.
6. Attend high-level meetings, national meetings and workshops, and other meetings and conference calls geared towards achieving the Channel’s Ecosystem Restoration and strengthening the Partnership and the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA.
7. Identify funds for the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA to further the restoration of the Martín Peña Channel, the relocation of families, and infrastructure improvements.
8. Identify new sources for the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA to support the restoration of the Channel, such as the alternative of working with private funds, and US Congressional appropriations.
9. Work with multi-agency teams to collaboratively set in motion the actions described above having as main point of contact the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA.
1) Proven record of building multi-sectorial partnerships through strong networks with local and federal agencies. Some key stakeholders include: USACE, USEPA, HUD, FEMA, and US Health and Human Services.
2) Experience in creating strong financial platforms to implement multi-million dollar projects, including proven experience in congressional and federal appropriation processes.
3) An advanced university degree is expected but not a requirement for the contract.
4) Basic knowledge of the mission and objectives of the PROYECTO ENLACE DEL CAÑO MARTÍN PEÑA is desired but not required.
Travel: From 10% to 20% of the allocated time of the contract will be expended on travel. Travel funds will be included as part of the contract.
Time allocation: Proposed project period is up to one (1) year. Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience.
How to apply for the contract:
Write a one (1) page letter of intent (font: Arial, number: 12) that describes how your experience and background will help further the dredging and ecological restoration of the Martín Peña Channel. You must include your expected hourly rate for this contract and send it with your contact information (name and telephone number) to:
Deadline: January 22, 2015 at 12:00pm